Saturday 7 July 2018

Day 7, 7th July

The first seven days completed, week 1 of 13. Mixed emotions,  I assumed it would be a breeze, it isn't. I am grateful it has been dry although I would have preferred cooler temps for my first week. I know sunsets and sunrises make everything beautiful, even ugly things and make me happy to be alive. I could not have done this without my trust 'side kick'  he is always so eager to get out and when he sees/hears a pigeon he gets very excited and pulls me along which always helps.

This morning started at 05.00 and 13C we went up to Yatesbury airfield. yes this was used in WWII and unbeknown to us, my husbands mother was based here when she was in the WRAF. Sadly we only found this out after she had died. I digress......

There was quite a mist over the fields, the building by the trees on the right is the 'Old Officers Mess'.



you can see it better in this pic


lots of old roads to walk along


between the fields


the mist kept sweeping in then disappearing, kept the temps cool though.


and gave me the opportunity of some great pics.


I just need to remember to take my camera


to get better quality pics


This evening, fortunately it was beautiful and cool, although not quiet


as you can see the field where the steam rally is beng held is crammed and that is only a little bit of it. They always have a big party on the Saturday night, so we all get the joys of listening to disco music until late.


So todays step count was 15000, yes a bit of a shock but did involve another shopping trip, I had no idea how far I walked when I shopped, I must do it more often!!

GRAND TOTAL 88000!! Taa daaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment