Monday 16 July 2018

Day 16, July 16th

WOW! WOW! WOW! Today I hit over 200,000 steps 209533 to be exact. That is a 5th of the way through my 1,000000. I only have to do that 4 more times!!!

Today I went on a totally different walk, along the the downs walking towards Cherhill Hill, truly spectacular. Its a long while since I walked here, enjoy the photos.





Its very humpy dumpy to walk along, so not so good for my knees.


but stunning colours


loving that sky


walking towards Cherhill Monument, you can just see it in the distance to the left of the shrubs and trees in ahead of Darcy.


Isn't the field of wild flowers and grasses gorgeous.


In the last pic in the distance is Yatesbury Airfield where I often walk the next photo is coming up the back of the monument hill.


This s where we turned round. A lovely walk, but not one I would do regularly. Why? Well for a start it killed my knees and secondly, this is a very popular dog walking area, I have never seen so much dog poo in my life, just lying around. Why do people not pick it up, how easy is it to have a poo bag in your pocket, turn the bag inside out over your hand, bend down, pick it up, turn it right side out and tie a knot!!! Simples! Such a stunning walk ruined by selfish/lazy people. I always pick up after Darcy even round huge fields.

1 comment: