Wednesday 4 July 2018

Day 4. 4th July 2018

Oh how lovely and cool it was walking this morning. Look at the colour of that sky, I love walking this early, around the villages is about 3 miles and used to take me 1.5 hours, now I can do it in just under an hour.


I left home about 5.45 and all the way round I saw 1 car which was brilliant, so I walked down the middle of the road lol!


I consider myself so lucky to live where I live there are lots of walks to go on, I only hope I don't bore you with photos of the same old, same old!


Part way round I cut through some fields, the same ones with fencing in from yesterday, I hate seeing the fencing in the fields.


you can see the tent which will be one of the entrances to the Steam Rally. It has been running since before we moved here, in the 1990's there where so many traction engines that they used to do a run all the way around the village at the end of each day. 30 or 40 easily. Now sadly its only a few. Great smelly old things, but fascinating.

Today I have been decorating, well I have been decorating all week, we are awaiting a new mattress so I took the opportunity to paint whilst it was relatively easy to shove stuff around. Its on the top floor, 2 flights of stairs and ladders, you would imagine I would have done enough steps by the evening but no.

So our evening walk, again lovely and cool


In the distance in this next photo is a clump of trees, it is the same clump of trees you can see in Day 2 photos. This is Morgans Hill.  Morgans Hill is so named after a Mr Morgan of Heddington murdered his uncle. For this he not only hung but his body was left hanging on the hilltop gibbet.


Click on the link for more details, I would walk up there to show you the view but I don't like walking in woods, unless I am with someone!

12000 steps today. I am sure my fitbit is broken, it only seems to go up in thousands !

No comments:

Post a Comment