Tuesday 3 July 2018

Day 3, 3rd July 2018

A tough start to the walk today. Tuesday is the day I go to 'fat club', my weekly weigh in, so I usually walk in the 'back fields' (the fields behind our cottage) , we had a glorious start to our walk with the sun low in the sky.


Then I came across a very large and impenetrable fence! We have a very big  event occurring in the village this weekend and this fencing is for the parking area. Which meant my usual 'stile' free route was inaccessible.


This is stile 1 of 3, not very stable in fact considerably rickety and something my knee absolutely hates.


The ground is very, very dry.


but it is a favourite walk of mine


I am not sure we will manage it again until they cut it back as the grass has got quite long. Darcy has to bound which he finds quite tiring. I find it difficult as I can't see where I place my feet so my knee twists.

Had a relatively lazy day due to my knee playing up, but made up the steps on the walk this evening.
I love walking in the evening, its so quiet, I never have any music playing, I just love bimbling along with Darcy listening to the birds and looking at the sky.


ou see the most amazing cloud shapes


and 30 minutes later it looks like this.


11000 steps done today. There is the threat of rain tonight and the ground desperately needs it, but I hope its dry tomorrow as Darcy hates walking in the rain, mind you so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment